TECHNICAL HUB SESSION
The Technical Hub Session is intended to provide the best platform for Nordic companies to share their areas of specialization with the general audience within the exhibition area. The overall theme for the two-hour session is “Nordic Innovation”. This is centred around innovative technologies and solution offerings that Nordic companies offer. The Technical Hub Session would be divided into four (4) sub-sessions of 30 minutes each, with each sub-session allocated to a panel of all the Nordic companies that fall within that sub-theme. All Nordic companies will be placed within one of the four sub-themes to deliver a very detailed and interactive session. The platform will be used to showcase how challenges within specific industries across Sub-Saharan African and Nordic countries can be addressed by using the most innovative technologies available.
The Technical Hub Session would be handled in a highly interactive and lively manner for the benefit of the audience.
Highlights of the Session:
The Technical Hub Session will be used to:
- highlight market insights from the Nordic perspective;
- provide a forum to challenge Nordic solution offering and their suitability for African challenges and peculiarities;
- showcase an understanding of the industry within Sub-Saharan Africa, and the unique challenges faced by potential clients/countries and;
- create the opportunity for networking between Nordic companies/professionals and African companies and professionals.
- Introduce each theme and set the context for discussions
- Allow each company/individual to briefly introduce themselves and their solution offering.
- Provide a neutral view and balance the dynamics between companies and parties.
- Answer general questions from the audience or direct the question to a specific individual.
- Time keeping for each theme session (30 minutes each).
- Introduce the South African/ African context to discussions where possible.
- Allow for general audience participation with panellist.
Theme 1: Investment Trends towards Sustainability
|1.||Mr Arash Khaki||EKF||Denmark|
|2.||Mr. Jan Fourie||Scatec Solar||Norway|
|3.||Mr. Terje Osmundsen||Empower New Energy||Norway|
|4.||Mr. Rami Muqattash||Tranter International||Sweden|
|5.||Mr. Magnus Andersson||Metrum||Sweden|
|6.||Mr. Torben Sjoholm||ABB Sweden||Sweden|
|7.||Mr. Mats Ryberg||ABB Sweden||Sweden|
Theme 2: Making the Transition from Coal to Clean Energy
|1.||Mr. Riccardo Zanetti||MAN Energy Solution||Denmark|
|2.||Mr. Wayne Glossop||Wartsila||Finland|
|3.||Mr. Kevin Gessau||Witech Africa||Finland|
|4.||Mr. Rogério da Conceição||Doranova||Finland|
|5.||Mr. Dirk Muller||Windsim||Norway|
|6.||Mr. Christopher Newton||DNV-GL||Norway|
|7.||Mr. Veine Goransson||Siemens||Sweden|
|8.||Mr. David de Mattos||Swedish Stirling||Sweden|
Theme 3: Smart Cities and why the Nordics are Leading
|1.||Mr. Jens Husted Kjaer||Norlex||Denmark|
|2.||Mr. Dominique Verhulst||Nokia||Finland|
|3.||Mr. Gary Brown||Cambi||Norway|
|4.||Mr. Russom Kabedom||UNIPOWER||Sweden|
|5.||Dr. Ralf Wiesenberg||AZELIO||Sweden|
|6.||Mr. Stefan Multing||Digpro||Sweden|
Theme 4: The 5 R’s in Water Cycle: Reduce, Renew, Reuse, Recycle and Return
|1.||Mr. Jason Hallowes||Ekosource||Denmark|
|2.||Mr. Brian Mcgugan||AVK||Denmark|
|3.||Ms. Katri Mehtonen||Finnish Water Forum||Finland|
|4.||Ms. Debbie Wilkins||UROS||Finland|
|5.||Mr. Ville Strandman||Aqva||Finland|
|6.||Mr. Juha Kauppinen||Utility of Mikkeli||Finland|
|7.||Ms. Vuokko Laurila||Aquamec/Watermaster||Finland|
|Mr. Stefan Multing
Ms. Anna-Stiina Heiskaneni
Mr. Juha Kauppinen